Monday, June 19, 2006

A change (for a change)

Just when I was bitching about how boring and routine life gets in Joburg, I have an awesome weekend. The main reason for the change in routine was Bel’s visit (she’s up here for a few days before flying back to the backwater farm that is Durban Airport).

What a cool weekend. Friday marked the return to the Bowling Club (after a lengthy absence). Very cool to watch Cote d’Ivoire trying to beat those damn dirty Dutch (how many ankles did they try to break during the game?). After that was missions to Nandos somewhere close to my work (I can never remember that area’s name). Melville followed. Now, I have never actually been out in Melville (most of you are going to harass me about that – I know it’ll happen). But now I can see myself chilling in Melville fairly often :) Like maybe once a week? Was also introduced to this astonishing place called Cat’s Pyjamas. Felt kinda like a tourist.

The weekend was filled with other random firsts – like my first visit to Cool Runnings, my first escape from having to go to Loaded, the return to Doppio Zero, a return to Cose della your mother (that funny restaurant) in Sandton.

Let me not get into a boring step-by-step account of three days of my life… but all in all, it was a great weekend.

Now to make it happen more often…

Been thinking about much randomness so I’ve got some cool posts coming this week (one a day ... remember that?).

And no matter how hard I try
I can't escape these things inside I know
When all the pieces fall apart
You will be the only one who knows
- Let me go, 3 Doors Down: Seventeen Days

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BOb-bit
It was a wicked wicked weekend that was devastatingly fun...
And to think that this is a normal kimi weekend....
ya theres a lot of fun to be had in jozi
make sure you make an appearance more often even when i am not there...hahahaha
love ya lots
bella

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home