Monday, June 26, 2006

And so... the Fest is near

It's almost time to bugger off and head to festival.

I won't lie, I've been waiting for the 27th for about the past two months - like a kid waiting for school holidays... It's a great feeling. The templates are done. My desk is tidy (two neat piles of paper), hell - I've even deleted most of the kak shortcuts on my desktop. Tonight will mean packing and then the early start tomorrow.

This past weekend was crazy. I suppose you could even go as far as calling it insane. So many things went down, a lot of them probably won't be retold (ever). What's weird is that just over a week ago I blogged about just how boring weekends had become in Joburg. Granted, I've taken a fair bit of flak for the post. Bygones. Its not weird that I blogged about it, rather writing about how frustrated I was with the lack of interesting things to do on weekends seemed to make me want to do something different. Suffice to say, Friday was awesome.

What struck me this weekend is just how many Rhodes (and ex-Rhodes) people you're bound to bump into when you go out in Joburg. Seven on Friday night. Very cool.

Onward to Grahamstown...

If you leave, I won't cry
I won't waste a single day
But if you leave, don't look back
I'll be running the other way
If You Leave - Nada Surf: The OC Mix 2

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlz said...

never mind how many ex rhodents you bump into in JHB, try the 2nd level of the sunday times! :)))I wish I was in G-town too. Send love to Wigga and little Bob!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home